Jacobite

I like Boyd's answer and its my first thought as to a reply. IE don't care for it then don't come over here....
But the truth be known, how much time and effort did you expend to become a really good "sniper" in the military? Many years of training and hours involved to be able to put that first round where it counts cold barrel zero at a distance. Lots of effort. Much like stalking, bowhunting etc....

We all revel in differing things. ITs why not all of us hunt, fish, play ball etc... I love thick hunting. With a bow. Closest kill has been 3 yards on the ground, recurve, no blind. I also love hunting a thicket in where I stalk and usually have very close but quick shots with an AR15 that I love very much. I also have hunted where long shots are very workable. Some places one can see for miles literally. And sometimes though you could get closer there are reasons not to want to or time allowances. And to date my longest kill is only 802 yards. Have one that was 950ish but we decided to shoot a rock first to be on the safe side as I was borrowing a gun.....long story....anyway rock was dead but feral sheep started walking off..... no dice.

I take pleasure out of a myriad of opportunities, choosing not to get bored with one(bow kills under 15 yards number over 100 and I got down to a custom recurve instinctive shooting to keep it interesting....)

I think its simply a matter of choice. Why folks love hunting with bow(your choice of style), pistol, muzzleloaders, modern firearms etc... and the distances at which it works out for them given skill, ability etc.... Much as I love hunting with an AR15-- I don't really know why, but I just love it. And I"ve yet to fire a second round with it while hunting.

Hope this clears it up some and answers the question in a civil manor!

Be glad you can still own a firearm and hunt over there. YOu've lost just about everything you possibly can. I revel in the fact I can own and shoot a class 3 gun, hunt year round something, carry a 45 almost anywhere I want to, reload, shoot matches, and have my own property. Though our democrats are quickly trying to erode all those rights by one method or another.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....