Safari

Yes agree to disagree. Just chaps me that others do what they want, yet toss stones at something they don't participate in when, as mentioned, the goal is a dead animal.

Nice kills with the longbow, thats something I never could get into much. Tried and tried and just kept coming back to the Brackenbury. Have stone heads, but have only shot one, a miss, and have not gone back to that route for some reason. Though an aquaintence killed many with them over the years.

I get kinda miffed quick like you do too. I've just simply got too many years in long range competition with iron sights to know what is accomplished took much more for a for sure long range shot to impact correctly, than it ever took me to learn and become adept at bowhunting. And all other methods in between. So the time dedicated is there.

I myself fight tecnology a lot. Its like an internal battle. I always go back adn think, he we are not walking anymore, we ride, we fly..... I'm not hunting with a club or a cliff, I've passed that. All this current technology will be old in coming years. I'm guessing we may be hunting with funky weapons in years lamenting the fact that the hard way to do it was with laser rangefinders and real bullets and if you didnt' do it that way you are a wuss for using technology.....

Very hard to civilly sort this out on a board.

Thing is, I really respect each others choices. For instance I've had some bad experiences with round balls in MZ guns. I shoot conicals. I get condemned, yet conicals have been around a long time. I love MZ seasons that only allow iron sights. Yet when I hunt a state that allows scopes, I do take that advantage, as my sig line says, Just in case.

If I was out only for the experience of the woods I can do it without a gun or tags..... I am out to kill. Sometimes it works soemtimes it doesn't.

Thanks for your time!

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....