well bush, I'll tell ya, I'm not fat (5'10"/165) or lazy I work 2 jobs, 6 days a week in the off season, yes I hunt in the east wv/va, and for 30 years I hunted as you describe it, find the trails travel corridors and put up stands, shoot'em at 50 yds. just about the simplest thing you could possibly do if you understand anything at all about game. after all here you get in the right place all thats left is pick the one deer out of 100 give or take a few of the deer you see that day. sound like a challenge? that what gives you a thrill, if this is what you live for I'm sorry. I have a family to support so the exotic hunting trips are out for the time being, so I put as much challenge into what hunting I have as I can.
I'll reiterate what you said, you come here, I'll show you how simple it is to place yourself within 50 yds of any deer you can find, but after 30 years it gets boring, so I made a choice, wasn't your choice, what I do is legal, and in my eyes, the way I do it is ethical so I don't really need to answer to anyone for it.
Now it was a 3/4 mile walk around the top of a ridge to retriev the doe which I shot at 532 yds, yes I could have taken a closer shot, but chose not to, with that rifle, I can hit a 4" circle just about everyshot at 700 yds, so it wasn't a diffacult shot, with that in mind what is the problem with shooting a deer that far? I can hunt the close cover but choose not to, and you start insulting me, whom you don't know anything about. I don't know you, don't want to at this point, I come to this forum to learn and share experiences on LR "hunting" not to discuss ethics, if you don't believe its right, why are you here? I don't condemn you for not hunting like I do, so how about the same courtesy?
RR

If your going through hell, keep on going, don't look back, If your scared don't show it.
You might get out b'fore the devil even knows your there.
(Rodney Atkins)