Dang near any of them depending on angle. Figure an average 150 pound whitetail deer in our country, to get through hair, hide, tissue,meat, ribs, and then into the vital cavity, that is over 1.5 inches right there. That takes into account part of one lung on a broadside shot.

Your plus is you can wait on shots. And thats fine. I often hunt with a 223 when thats the case.

When it needs to be done, you use a larger tool and better projectile. Last 2 does of last weekend were prime examples. I wanted the meat, and was running out of daylight on our last nite. Got on the 4 wheeler and road till we spotted some doe, crawled off, got in the brush and stalked them. In a hurry and as I got out into the open to get a clear shot(time is of the essence) both of them nailed me before I could settle for a shot. Was over 200 yards and both were at extreme angles. Thats where a good bullet came into play. One that killed but penetrated stem to stern at the same time.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....