look when the compound bow more than doubled archer's effective range that was cool, when the inline magnum muzzleloaded more than doubled the blackpowder hunters range that was a miracle break-through.
Now that modern equipment, powders and ability have way, way more than doubled the effective range of rifle hunters some of you call foul, guys thats BULLSHIT!
If which this is not speculation, I can hit a 4" circle at 700 yds, because of dilagent work with my rifle and loads in preparation for hunting season, How can you condemn me for it, or better yet HOW DARE YOU CONDEMN ME FOR IT? I don't say a word about you bunch odf lazy bastards that hover over your bait piles to hunt, Nor do I condemn the rich egotistical guys who hunt behind fences, but what I do isn't hunting? Ron White is right, ya can't fix stupid.
Hunting is persuing game and making a humane 1 shot kill, what is it about shooting one at 500 yds that is not hunting. I've hunted both ways, took deer from 3 steps to 627 yds one is just as hard as the other, if you don't believe me try it, don't whine till you know what your whining for.
Oh, how do you figure a 50 yard shot is harder than one at 700? can't wait to hear these responses!
RR

If your going through hell, keep on going, don't look back, If your scared don't show it.
You might get out b'fore the devil even knows your there.
(Rodney Atkins)