Thats interestingly why we get in these pissin matches. Its just no challenge for the normal range shot any for a highpower shooter of good skill....

I'd do a 6.5x284 for 1000 yards, expect 1500 rounds barrel life of top accuracy. I don't know that there is a better option out there. I always liked the 7mm BCs but a LOT of folks have tried everything 7mm up to STW and keep reporting unexplained fliers. Maybe one of 20... enough to loose the match for sure. Only thing that impressed me enough to maybe try is the 7 wsm in 7mm. Its set the 1 mile record some time back and I talked with that guy a bit, I'd try it for sure. I have a bolt action needing a barrel. And a bois d arc stock off an old corner tree from our property. Wanted to do a kind of sentimental deal.... But it was all setup from a bit back and a long action 06 head size. I could have it done still.... not sure exactly what I want to do.... OTOH the 284 isn't bad, but how can you argue with all the current results?

I guess back to hunting, I started hunting, and highpower was an excuse to buy an M1A. Then to get better hunting accuracy. Finally to reach the top which I did in my estimation, I still love hunting, and while I love shooting, the hunting is a bit stronger. Mostly why I've quit shooting and gone back to hunting. But in the meantime its made me a very lethal shot....

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....