I also hunt in Wilderness areas since I am a WY resident. I know what it's like up there....way up there.

My problem with this sort of ""HUNTING"" is that some people do it to show off to their internet buddy crowds and others do it because they are ego-maniacs.
There is a myriad of posts that epitomize this point but I will not refer to them. Look around and you will find them.

Taking a laptop, an 100 lbs bench, a 25 lbs rifle into the field, feeding it substandard (for game) match bullets just because their BC is higher, and specifically looking for a game animal past 1000 or 1500 yards away just to feed your ego and brag to your buddies? No thanx. Nothing hunting about that buddy. At least in my opinion.
You wanna do that? Great ! Get a lifelike target set it up at 3000 yards and have at it. Hell I am in too!
I practice long range also. Given the situation I know I can make a 700-800 yard shot but I do not. I rather hunt and stalk the game. This to me is hunting. the aforementioned is long range shooting.

BTW the below statement is what separates you from the rest!
ou wrote:

"Just because we call ourselves long range hunters doesn't mean we always look for that situation. However, should it arise we are prepared and can take the shot ethically and cleanly."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]