I'm wondering about what long shots are nowaday? A long shot 20 years ago was 400 yards, now I see fellas calling 1000 yards a long shot. I see the discussion see/sawing back and fourth. A long shot for me is 500 yards and for others it's 1000 yards. Each to his own skills based on his equipment.

Side note: My grandfather considered anything over 50yd as long range, and shots past 100yd to be grounds for a beating (he died in 1940). My father considered shots over 100yd to be long range, and anyone attempting shots over 300yd to be stupid (1907-1969). I, personaly, prefer to stay inside of 250, but I'm prepaired to go 440yd IF the conditions are right.

Now, to be fair to my ancestors, gramps was using a 32-20, and dad had stepped up to the 30-30. Now me, I'm dottering along with the plain old 30-06.

Times change, equipment gets better, and some people are willing to hone their skills to a razors edge. I have no issue with any of it, as long as everyone stays inside of their confidence zone.