Wyo,
That is definitely some impressive stuff and an art.
As I said before, I don't want to take anything away from true marksmen. If I had the equipment and developed loads and could shoot like you fellas and gals, I would want to stretch my range as well.

I have a question with a hypothetical situation......

A dandy whitetail out at 800 yards is slowely grazing through a meadow with a moderate wind or even gusty......a bit up hill or down (whichever you prefer). A person spots him and lays down with equipment to measure wind and range, bipod, custom rifle, etc. Assuming that deer isn't going to stand there for an hour and/or give the person a practice shot. What percentage of Long Range hunters will hit that deer in the boilermaker only given one shot?

I am not saying I doubt anyones shooting ability or actually looking for a number. This is just a question out of curiosity.
If I were a betting man, I would bet that there are very very few shooters (that would attempt this) that would run that first bullet through the bread basket. I could be wrong and you may be one of those few that would pull off that spectacular shot. Again just curious.

I think what makes me curious about this is that I sometimes read how someone shot a record group at 1000 yards, but then I see that center of that group is about a foot away from the center of the target. One could run an entire box of bullets threw the same hole, but if that hole is a foot from the aim point, it doesn't much matter when it is a dandy whitetail standing out there......he is either missed or wounded.
I may be off base, but I am just trying to better understand. 5 almost perfectly consistant mistakes don't get you record in the field.

Again, I am impressed on your article. It is something to be proud of and something I doubt I will ever do. I am just trying to better understand how it transfers over to a game animal.

Thank you all for input and teaching me something.

Shoot Strait....Penetrate Deep.