To each his own, but there is room for everyone. Auto Insurance companies are pressuring Wildlife management to open up hunting near populated area due to all the wrecks caused by deer hits on roads. Muzzle loaders and bow hunters are the only ones allowed due to the limited range of projectiles. Reasoning behind that is that long range gun bullets can travel several miles. Horns are of no interest to me and my wife/her friends finds it a disgusting ritual. I have left many handsome racks in the bush with head attached. The best deer head and highest score that I have ever seen scoring in the top 6 Boone and crockett in Alberta was run over by a truck. My cousin took the head off the deer in the ditch, he doesn't hunt deer because he says they stink to much and his kids won't eat it. Opinions vary so widely on every issue. But we all have one thing in common and that is getting out there and hunt hard because it won't be long before you can't anymore. So relax and enjoy yourself and don't get so uptight. Long range/short range all in the same hunting kinship.