You kinda hit the nail on the head, sorta... Things have changed drastically in the past 10 years... Hell manufactures of SCpoe, rifles, almost anuthing hunting related have acknowledged that LR huntig is here. I'm not saying that everyone should do it. THere are definite idiots out there that shouldn't even think about it. Trouble is some who shouldn't will.
The stalk is still park of my game. I just don't often have to stalk as much. There are times I've been able to stalk within 60 feet and times when 600 yards was as close as I was able. But both times I was able to place my bullet. Only took 1.

I agree with you. In the 60's was a good article in one of the hunting magazine about Fred Huntington (RCBS) new 1000yd elk rifle 30-338mag which lead me to the 30-338mag. About 15 yrs ago Dan Lilja (Lilja Barrels) did some articles for PS magazine about LR elk rifles interesting part was barrels/bullets/caliber and scopes.

I'm almost 65 so I started to watch a change starting in the 80's as to bullets and barrels for us early LR hunters(500Yds) which was good. I have nothing against someone who want to only shoot a max 250yds or hunt the dark timber for elk which I consider those guys to be a breed apart which I admire. My first LR rifle I had build in the mid 60's was a 7mag have we come a long ways.

WyoWhisper, I haven't always agreed with you when you posted on the other site but I like your rifles and the article in 6br about them. I guess you and Allen Day moved over here about the same time. Well good luck

Last edited by roper; 01/23/07.

USMC
Life Member VFW