Safari Hound first this is not an argument, it is a debate. Second every center fire rifle made today is capable of hit and killing an animal at 1000 yds. the only limitations is the shooter. I do not say what you consider hunting is wrong because I choose not to hunt that way, it is your way and that is fine. I choose to hunt from long range because I can shoot at 1000 yds. I have consistantly taken animals at that distance and will continue to do so until age forces me closer. Don't get me wrong if I have a shot closer I will take it as well but I am not limited to a 100yd shot.

I cannot speak for the others here but I am not the type of hunter that grabs his shotgun the day before season and puts around thru it @50yds and says that is great lets go. I practice with my rifle 3 to 4 times a week and more if possible. I also reload my own ammunition I weigh every bullet and every powder load so I know within a very small margin where my bullet is going to hit. Along with those preparations I also scout areas, setup treestands and all the other things that you short range hunter do.
So summing up just because you cannot shoot at my range doesn't mean I should be limited to your range.