Taking a laptop, an 100 lbs bench, a 25 lbs rifle into the field, feeding it substandard (for game) match bullets just because their BC is higher, and specifically looking for a game animal past 1000 or 1500 yards away just to feed your ego and brag to your buddies? No thanx. Nothing hunting about that buddy. At least in my opinion.

Not me, I have built several rifles to do this type of hunting but have gotten lighter and lighter as time goes by. Typical Tactical types but lightened. Current one will finish at 7-9 lbs depending on scope...

I do carry a pocket pc, and kestral 4000. Not to menton my rifles are fitted with Angle cosign indicators and bubble levels.

I'm prepared for most situations. I have passed on more than one B&C animal because the situation wasn't right.

My beef with this whole thing is that you can't group al uf us LRhunters into one group. You can't make blanket statements to say all of us arn't hunters... I spend as much time in the off season observing areas as much as I do "time in country" hunting. Albeit, my work takes me into my hunting areas...

www.dnrranch.com follow the outfitting button..

;-)