We have to remember, and I am/was guilty, heated debates over keyboards are such. I can't see your face, expressions, tone of voice, we can't continually carry this conversation on face to face, by the fire, most things would resolve with a few laughs in the end.

Cacc, ain't been in WI or IL in a number of years. I remember I was in Janesville WI in taxidermy school and saw a "big doe" on the way to Gander Mountain years ago, being from TX wanted to see the store. Thought the doe was big.... local guys laughed and called it a fawn or yearling. Sure enough about that time, a "doe" stepped out. We have some dog deer here, its the size they need to be to survive, yours are the same way. They are large for sure. Best I ever shot was down south, rack wasn't much(I never see a good set of antlers seems.... and can't afford to hunt the good areas anyway....)but he was 224 gutted. That deer was big to me. 300wtby 180 partition, the neck stopped the bullet!! I had to shoot him again with a handgun to finish him..... PS wouldn't have to shoot 4-6 deer for sausage if they were your size either...

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....