I believe this is all a matter of semantics. Lets define our terms.

Obsolete equals ............what?

I see the 41 Rim fire as obsolete. I also see the 6MM Lee Navy as obsolete.

Not because they didn't work, but because other things have come along and supplanted them completely. Not one rifle is made today in 6MM Lee and not one handgun is made today in 41 Rim Fire.

And not one handgun or rifle so chambered has been made in about 100 years. Not any!

That's obsolete!

So with that as a base line in our understanding of the word 'obsolete' we need to ask if the 30-06 is now not being chambered in any rifles, and see how unpopular it is, and how useless.

No one wants one for serious use.............right?

No one chambers the old 30-06 at all,-------------- except Remington, Winchester, Browning, Ruger, Savage, Tikka, CZ, Mauser, Heym, Purdey Westley Richards, H&H, Boss, Howa Weatherby, Steyr, Beretta, Demolin, Blaser, Bakal, H&K, Mossberg, Rigby, and probably a few dozen others, as well as every custom and semi-custom gunsmith in the USA, and every other nation that allows such crafts to be practiced...........but other than those,--------- no one makes the 30-06 anymore and no one buys any 30-06 rifles made by any of these companies or people listed.

Right?

Last edited by szihn; 05/09/17.