Originally Posted by Klikitarik
We sure have seen a bunch of "new and improved" (and sexy) stuff hit the racks in recent years..... and already become obsolete. Kind of hard not to stick with the steadfast and reliable one.

Agreed. Marketing. That's all it is. The manufacturers hope to entice the uninitiated in purchasing the latest whizz-bang contraption, thereby increasing profits. In many cases these new-fangled cartridges/rifles fall flat, which is why I've never jumped on the short magnum, super magnum, death ray magnum, or any of the other nonsense bandwagons. I prefer to stick to the classics - tried and true, which get the job done. I find it interesting that many of the old European metric cartridges are finding renewed interest in America. 6.5x55, 7x57, 9.3x62, etc. What worked well then works well now.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue