Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter

You provided an untested, theoretical load. Provide a real one.

It was a mistake to waste any time on a clown like you. And a mistake I won't make again. Now I just laugh at your stupid antics.

You're not very good at name calling, let alone providing real data to support your position. When it comes to that all we hear is.... crickets.

The fact is there is no replacement for displacement and the .30-06 wins with a 19% greater case capacity. Even though the .308 Win has a higher SAAMI MAP, MAP is not the only determinant of bullet velocity. The fact is the 308's smaller powder charges cannot produce the volume of gas that the .30-06's larger powder charges do. The ,30-06's higher gas volume allows bullets to be propelled at a more level pressure. Even with a lower MAP, this advantage looms larger with heavier bullets. but shows up at other weights as well. Case in point, the .30-06 can propel a 110g bullet 200fps faster than a .308 Win using pressures 2,000PSI lower. (Hodgdon data).

Nosler lists a 220g .30-06 load at 2602fps. Where is your real world .308 Win equivalent? Are you going to provide one and prove your point or resort to more childish name calling?

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.