Originally Posted by Llama_Bob

It's not just the shoulder angle, it's also the shoulder diameter. The .308 has the same diameter as a .30-06 AI, not a .30-06. The wider, steeper shoulder reduces powder movement down the barrel, which increases efficiency.

You know, I was nice enough to actually run ballistic simulations demonstrating the concepts I was describing so that people would have hard numbers in terms of velocity and pressure. That's about as quantitative as it gets. But I understand. Y'all want to have a circle jerk over the .30-06. Facts just get in the way of that sort of thing. Carry on.

My .30 caliber rifles are more hunting rifles than target rifles. I suspect that is true for the vast majority of .30 bolt rifles. The only “efficiency” I care about is muzzle velocity for a particular load.

I’ve already shown loads from 110g to 220g where the .30-06 spanks the .308 Win hard with REAL, TESTED data and/or factory loads with fps/fpe range advantages from 100 to 300 yards depending on the load.

All your blah, blah, blah nonsense is just that – you’ve provided theoretical loads but none that are REAL or TESTED and even the text of the theoretical loads you provided warns the loads may exceed SAMMI standards.

Instead of blathering on, childish name calling and denigrating others, man up and discuss this like an adult - provide some REAL, TESTED load data.

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 06/21/17.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.