Dang,once again my obsolete 30-06 made another DRT kill on a Texas whitetail.That dang old obsolete 30-06 just kills as good as good as my 7mag,300WSM or my 300 Win Mag does at the reasonable ranges that I usually shoot deer.My rancher friend as been so impressed with my handload kills,he wanted to try some in his 30-06.I gave him the 25 rounds I had with me to try in his rifle.They were loaded with 58.0grs of Accurate 4350 and 168gr Nosler Ballistic Tips.The thing that gets me about the 30-06 is,take a rifle chambered in a 30-06 to a gun show in South Texas and you cannot give it away.They tell me nobody will buy them. Don't know why?Bad reputation of being a hard kicker from the old days of the steel butt plate?Too many sissy's in today's shooting world?What ever reason it my be,I know one thing,as my days of hunting become more limited each year due to me becoming more obsolete myself,it's a good possibility that the last deer I shoot in my lifetime will fall with the obsolete 30-06.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............