Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by southtexas
Originally Posted by Oldman03
30-06, 270, 30-30, 243, and a few more are all obsolete. They're not flashy, no mm label, etc, they just kill stuff. I dont know for a fact, but probably 25% or more of the ammo, used for hunting, sold in the US, is these 4 calibers.

I don't doubt your conclusion, but just curious...what is your source for the "fact"?

He stated he did not know for a fact. He surmised the 25%.

I went to Wally World last nite and while there, I talked to the lady behind the counter in sporting goods. I asked what was the most popular ammo sold and it was .22lr. Then I asked what was the most popular caliber of rifle ammo sold for deer hunting. She didn't even have to think, just said 30-06 and 270. Then I asked for second and third most popular. She thought a minute and said 30-30 and 7MM was about the same and would call them second, thought another minute and said 243 and 7mm-08 finished out the list. According to her, these six calibers accounted for about 90-95% of the deer hunting ammo sold, at this store.

Now remember, this is for hunting white tail deer, where I live in the south, mostly woods, probably not many shots over 100-150 yds. In reality, most shots probably less than 100 yds.

Not a scientific study, but I figured that lady would know more than I did on what ammo sold best at that store.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21