I remember back somewhere in the first week of turkey season, somebody said their outfitter had told them the 30-06 was obsolete. I have yet to find out what that means. I always thought it meant you could not find ammo for it anymore. I remember putting in my comment in support of 30-06. I've got 8 of them on the rack, and obsolete or not, they all whack a whitetail pretty well.

I go turkey hunting, I get back. I go again. I fill all my tags. When I get back, my company converts to Oracle. I won't bore you with all the stuff about Trump, the stuff with ISIS, the Kentucky Derby, the Indy 500, Mother's Day, Memorial Day, Flag Day and all that. I build a new reloading bench and buy a new progressive reloader. I start cranking out 9mm like there's no tomorrow. I pop in for a quick look to see what's going on and I see this thread is still at the top. WT?

Please, besides JeffO, has there been anybody actually supporting the outfitter's original supposition? Is there anyone out there that really wants to say 30-06 has passed its Sell-By date? I see 7 pages currently. I suspect they're all pro-06.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer