Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter

So you refuse to accept Hodgdon pressure data, which is actually tested in a lab, and submit theoretical "Predicted Data" that has never been tested and whose source warns may actually exceed SAAMI MAP if tested?

Please provide .308 load data that has actually been tested - either something from a major manufacturer or load data with pressure test results. People can buy the Winchester and Federal loads off the shelf. Where are the .308 Win equivalents???

See, you know so little about this topic that all I feel like wasting time doing is proving you wrong with quick load. If you don't like it, that's your problem. Quickload has forgotten more about bottleneck cartridge interior ballistics than you will even know.

Why can't you just man up and admit you can't find a comparable load? A real one. I provided two for the .30-06 - off the shelf and available to all.

Here's another. How about a 210 AccuBond (B.C. .730, S.D. .316) at 2646fps per Nosler? I'd like to see a .308 come close to that, too. The closest I've found is the Nosler 190g AB (B.C. .640, S.D. .286) @ 2424fps per Nosler. Unfortunately, it really isn't very close What the .308 delivers at 300 yards the .30-06 delivers at 500 yards - 2307fps/2245fpe at 300 yards vs 2188fps/ 2233fpe at 500 yards.

Once again that is not a 100 yard advantage for the .30-06 - my math makes it out to be 200 yards. Maybe your math give the advantage to the .308 Win?

Keep searching - if the .308 can do what the .30-06 can do there must be a real loads out there that show it. [laughing...]

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.