Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by memtb
I think that many of you don’t quite understand lease hunting. There are a few as described, but for many it’s hunting ....just like public land. Not high fenced, the only fencing “may” be a four strand barbed wire. Often the lessors are obligated to help maintain the property.... an old farm house, fencing, etc. For many, it’s anything but a “ canned hunt”! memtb
Bullshyt. There ain't no feeders, food plots, elevated blinds or "managed' trophy bucks on public land and atv's are not allowed. If you lease guys want us to think you really hunt, you aught to at least keep the feeders and blinds out of sight when you take your hero shots with youir grain fed "trophies".

As I stated.....not all leases are operated that way. As far as the 4 wheelers....most of the west has plenty of two-tracks that are used by hunters. I’ve lived in both places, so...I’m fairly well versed in both. However, I will reiterate, to those that suffer from comprehension deficiencies, “not” all leases are operated as you seem to believe! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024