Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91

Tell me...what's the difference in me walking thousands of acres in Colorado at 8500+ elev. elk hunting (guiding or self-guided) on a "lease" vs. walking "public land" in Colorado elk hunting?

Seriously, you need this explained to you?

I love hunting private land, especially when friends invite me to. And the reason is as obvious as the biggest difference in hunting private vs. public pand----on private land I don't have to compete with every Tom, DIck, and Harry who wants to hunt the same land.

Hunting without that competition is a huge adavantage, especially for a species like elk that draws hunters from all over the country. Why else would people pay thousands of dollars to do it? The animals aren't pressured, you don't have to walk as far to get away from other hunters, and you can normally drive near your kill to pack it out. Which makes a huge difference with animals like elk.

Smokepole....watching you "claim" to go elk hunting last year on this website was the funniest schit I've ever seen posted on the internet, when I personally seen you were still signed in on here at around 8:30 PM the night before your opener ....that you had to drive across Colorado to be to the next morning. You see....you "supposedly" were driving back home all day Monday, and didn't post all day until late Monday night....so here's the catch....if it took you all day to drive back on Monday, then it sure is funny how you were in the field hunting on opening day, Saturday morning,.....when you were still signed onto this website Friday night at 8:30 PM...when "real" elk hunters are going to bed "AT" their hunting location, trail head, or already on the property they will hunt when they awake.

Also...you only hunted, "supposedly" for 2 days of the 5 day season...you started driving back on a Monday after only hunting for 2 days. I don't know "any" elk hunter that plans to go hunt for only 2 DAYS in a 5 day season...yet you "gave up" after hunting only 2 days.

You claimed you were hurt and couldn't hunt your bow season, and traded out tags to hunt first rifle season.

You "claimed" you walked 8 miles each day at 11K+ elev. through high snow, and didn't see anything or sign.

You had a whole month to re-plan your hunting strategy from the same area you bow hunt "supposedly".

Any "real" elk hunter knows snow pushes the elk down to feed in the lower areas...yet you went high, 11K+ elev.

Reading your posts are as funny as watching Johnny Carson growing up.

Thanks for the laughs.

P.S. I like how you posted in the BackPack forum, "work out thread" about only hunting 2 days, so you could "hide" your story from the elk hunters in the elk hunting forum....great laughs.

Last edited by ElkSlayer91; 03/09/19.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)