Originally Posted by Simoneaud
It was good reading this thread and to know I am not alone. Dad sold our 526 acres in Woodville MS this past August, for 1/2 price too, he got old quick, started making poor decisions and its gone! Can't tell that man anything. Had that land since 1991. The deer hunting the last 5 years was just the best ever, we were killing big bucks.

I still have my 40 acres in the swamp and I will still kill 1-4 deer a year, But there are no big rack bucks like MS had. I think about losing MS everyday. 30 years of memories that are kinda painful now.

I am looking for a lease but in Louisiana, it's hard to find a decent spot period - not even talking about the money yet, just find a good spot if you can....

Public land in Louisiana IS A JOKE and yes bullets whizing by your head... BTDT... in the Atchafalaya Basin and on LA WMA's - horrible like described above

I hunted Three Rivers.....twice! That’s where I was “enlighten” about those that shoot......Way before sunrise! grin memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024