Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
I killed this javelina using an electronic call. Before I did so,I called the G&F Dept in Las Cruces to ask if it was legal to do so and they said "yes,it was legal." Tell you what,that was exciting hearing the javelina grunting coming in to the call.
[Linked Image]

Did you read this thread?

Not all of it.

Sheee it. I knew there was something wrong. I did, in a fit of forgetfullness that after 3 pages we just skip to the last page and post whatever we want anyhow.

OH, nice pig Ken!!

So, to define:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Hunting+definition&t=ffsb&ia=definition

Lots of definitions there, all over the place. One of them references the Brits, apparently some of whom consider hunting to be the chasing of foxes and such with dogs and horses. Killing game with guns is called shooting in some circles there.

I've sat/stood in a tree stand watching trails in NW PA, it wasn't fun and it was downright cold one morning, even with an insulated suit and pac boots on.
I've sat alongside logs/rocks watching trails and it was about as much fun as the ones in PA. I've sat watching waterholes in the desert SW too.

I'd likely have been diagnosed with ADD or some sh--t when I was kid, but that didn't happen then. I have a hard time sitting for hours anywhere and keeping concentration. So I mostly still hunt, or stop and glass for a bit. After an hour of that stuff, without seeing much, I'm going for a walk.

Now, If I was invited to a hunt in TX out of a box blind over the mesquite thickets, I'd probably take someone up on it..............assuming that if I didn't see anything after a while, even a pig or cull buck, I might have to go on a walkabout and check out the scenery, look for tracks, birds, javelina, snakes and coatis.

Everyone "hunt" they way they want, as long as you're not in a 1/2 acre enclosure with a high fence stocked with the "game animal" of the day. I believe in fair chase, and if you're hunting from a blind and the critters can decide not to walk in front of your porthole, so be it.

Geno

PS what the heck is with this language problem we have here. Sit and set are two different words. I set crap on a table, I set up a stand or blind. I sit in a chair or I sit and watch for deer. Criminy, y'all needs t' lern t' speek. grin

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?