Originally Posted by TheKid
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by kellory
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Kellory,

I bet you’d see more deer at the feeders if you put food in all of them rather than only two of the feeders. This is why you’re seeing more deer away from the feeders because all but two of your feeders are empty. Deer gotta eat too. Or did you make a typo ? Why have an empty feeder?

Edit: Ohio isn’t far if you need someone to show you.

No thanks, since I would have to charge the deer rent if I filled the other 3 feeders. They are empty and in storage. If the deer could get to them, I'd have scat throughout the cabin, and who needs that?
As for the lessons, I'd prefer to learn from someone who actually knew what he was talking about. Since you clearly do not, I'll stick with what works just fine.
About the only thing that will bring a mature buck out of the darkness, is sex, not food. Bucks feed at night.

Deer have sex? I’ve never learned so much about deer.

To interject a quick question here. Since when do big bucks only eat at night? News to me but I’ve only seen 30-35 bucks, 6-7 of those probably 150-160”ers at that, in the last 3 weeks. Best I can tell they were all eating or at least pretending to, all during the day BTW.

Reading comprehension is low on this site. I did say "about". Deer do not read the rule book, and have individual ideas. They are somewhat predictable, but anyone who speaks in absolutes is likely wrong.
I see folks here deriding eachother's deer for being too small? That's funny. The deer that I will always remember, was just a 4 point, taken at 7 yards from a pit blind. A bent sapling, my boot lace, and hand made arrows. No camo. No feeder, no scents. The idea was to see how primitive I could be, and still get meat.
You think that's not hunting, you're mistaken.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~