Laffin a lot on this one. More ignorance than a room full of Democrats setting hunting seasons. Gotta hope it's mostly chain rattling but sure seems real. I know it's not very sportsman like but I'll be headed to the lease my wife and I were blessed to get up in the Blue Ridge Mountains come Monday. Need to monitor the turkey population a few days. Season ain't that far away. Beautiful land, mostly mountainous, and we can see a whole lot further than we can hunt from the high spots. It's just a fun place to be. There's thousands of public mountain land down southwest a few counties away but I wouldn't trade the whole lot for the 250 or so acres we'll have to ourselves and the odd time a good friend get's to come along. Already set the trophy rules. If it's legal, you really want to shoot it, and it makes you happy, it's fair game.

If possible we'll have bush hog work done in some old Christmas tree fields to keep them from being overgrown with scrub stuff critters can't eat. Hoping to put in 2 or 3 oat and clover patches with elevated stands by season after next. Probly hit the blackberry thickets with some fertilizer because deer love the foliage and everything else including us love the berries. Outside of the Christmas tree fields the land is THICK with hardwoods, rhododendron, laurel and young white pine stands along with being cut with several stream beds. Sneak hunting can be done but it'd be strictly along the old farm roads that remain. But since we really like to eat deer our real hunting will take place before and after hunting season. That's when we determine travel routes, bedding areas, feeding areas and no entry areas (deer need someplace in their range here where they're not pressured) before setting ambush points. Then we'll sit back and try to stay warm till it's time to shoot. Really looking forward to it. Hoping to have at least two enclosed blinds where we can use a propane heater. Some days with 20+ mph winds with 40 gusts and temps in the 20s or less a warm spot is a nice place to be.

To you all I'll just say I'm happy for you if you have a place to hunt. Each to his own.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."