Originally Posted by memtb
Originally Posted by Simoneaud
It was good reading this thread and to know I am not alone. Dad sold our 526 acres in Woodville MS this past August, for 1/2 price too, he got old quick, started making poor decisions and its gone! Can't tell that man anything. Had that land since 1991. The deer hunting the last 5 years was just the best ever, we were killing big bucks.

I still have my 40 acres in the swamp and I will still kill 1-4 deer a year, But there are no big rack bucks like MS had. I think about losing MS everyday. 30 years of memories that are kinda painful now.

I am looking for a lease but in Louisiana, it's hard to find a decent spot period - not even talking about the money yet, just find a good spot if you can....

Public land in Louisiana IS A JOKE and yes bullets whizing by your head... BTDT... in the Atchafalaya Basin and on LA WMA's - horrible like described above

I hunted Three Rivers.....twice! That’s where I was “enlighten” about those that shoot......Way before sunrise! grin memtb

You don’t ever want to blow a grunt call or doe bleat at 3 rivers, red river, cocodrie or grassy lakes. Ever. Throw in Thistlewaite, too, along with west bay. Ever.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.