Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Thanks for the reply. I guess I've been fortunate to have been able to utilize all those methods to take deer over the years. They've all been enjoyable and rewarding. Having said that, if I lived in an area where those methods were not available or practical, no doubt you'd find me shooting deer whatever way I could. I like venison, being outdoors and shooting deer too much to stay home just because I couldn't hunt the way I'd prefer.

Understood.

I'd dearly love to do the two-week pack trip in Alberta or hunt Browns in the Alaskan interior, or whatever, but I'm a man of limited means and I take what I can get and when I can get it. That said, I can be satisfied just roaming the wide-open deserts of west Texas with a rimfire rifle looking for jackrabbits, sneaking through the North Texas mesquite thickets with a lever gun, or sitting in a box blind with a bolt-action trying to stay awake. I enjoy those times, and if that's as good as it gets for me, then I'm okay with it.

Sounds pretty good to me, as well.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~