Originally Posted by luv2safari
Just curious?????

How much do decent leases run? How many others share it?

I cant answer for others. I know of a place where doctors and lawyers out of Baton Rouge paid $40/acre and that was 20 yrs ago. The most I ever paid was $500/yr for approx 1500 acres and there were 10 of us in the lease. Most leases I have belong to were in the $250 to $350 range and they varied from 3000-5000 acres. There were 20-25 hunters in those leases. The rule of thumb around here is no more than 1 hunter per 100 acres of lease. More acres per hunter is better, but the price per hunter goes up. We lease timber company land and pay an amount equal to the taxes. We know them and they know we wont litter or damage the trees. Been leasing from them for 30 yrs.

Actually my Dad belongs to the lease and I use to. Now that I've moved back to this part of the state, I plan to get back into the club. Last year it was $350, about 20 hunters, and about 4000 acres. The lease is 10 minutes from the house.

Lots of places they pay a lot more, or so I've heard.

Added: Different leases have different rules. Some are good and some aren't. The rules and hunters can make the lease/club a good or bad one. I stayed 1 year in one club.... no rules and some of the fellows wanted to drink and hunt at the same time. Not for me. Some clubs only shoot certain size deer, or you must take a doe, or just one buck, the rules are endless, but being a member, you usually have a say. I wouldn't pay my money if I couldn't have a say. My idea may get voted down, but I had my say.

Last edited by Oldman3; 03/07/19.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21