Originally Posted by SandBilly
Anyone can set and fill a feeder, then shoot out a shootin house at 20-40 yards.

LOL. That IS true, but in some parts of the country you take what you can get. I'd much rather hunt deer out west than harvest them here in this part of the state, but it ain't in the cards for me---for a while at least. There's always the option of setting the feeder a little further away to make it a bit more interesting.

Have you ever done it with blinds and feeders? You can put a lot of work and money into that style of hunting. There are expenses and efforts that gotta be made...I always enjoyed being out on the lease and didn't mind a bit, but it can be a lot of work. Then when opening day comes, you get in your blind and wait. It becomes a lot like fishing at that point, and sometimes the real challenge is just staying awake.

I'd MUCH rather hunt somewhere around Piñon or Mayhill and use my feet instead of my butt, and hopefully I will in a few short years but for now I'm happy to just sit in a mesquite thicket with a rifle, and maybe sneak around a bit to see what I can scare up. In the meantime I'll just keep enjoying my last harvest, a young buck who was shot for eating my corn. He's chili in a pot in the fridge now.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.