Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Ya know, it could well be that if the old timers saw all the stuff we use to take game in this day and age---and I'm talking about fine optics, hot dog rounds like the Ultra Mags, high-tech rifles, GPS, and all that stuff, they might say "that ain't hunting!"
Outside of the campfire, not as many folks use those things as you'd think. I've killed most of my deer over the years with a pair of lever action .30-30's. One scoped and one iron sighted. I do own a gps but have never used it, a Christmas gift from a well meaning aunt years ago. I've never used a game cam in my life and the only magnum rifle in my inventory is a .22 rimfire magnum. Hell my best friend and life long hunting partner kills more deer than CWD and still uses an old Mossberg slug gun most of the time.

Nothing would surprise me. I'm sure there are guys out there who have used only muzzle loaders, and I'm sure there are guys who wouldn't use anything but a 14-pound tacti-cool with a 20x FFP mil/mil scope. Different strokes for different folks.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.