Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91

Tell me...what's the difference in me walking thousands of acres in Colorado at 8500+ elev. elk hunting (guiding or self-guided) on a "lease" vs. walking "public land" in Colorado elk hunting?

Seriously, you need this explained to you?

I love hunting private land, especially when friends invite me to. And the reason is as obvious as the biggest difference in hunting private vs. public pand----on private land I don't have to compete with every Tom, DIck, and Harry who wants to hunt the same land.

Hunting without that competition is a huge adavantage, especially for a species like elk that draws hunters from all over the country. Why else would people pay thousands of dollars to do it? The animals aren't pressured, you don't have to walk as far to get away from other hunters, and you can normally drive near your kill to pack it out. Which makes a huge difference with animals like elk.

Smokepole....watching you "claim" to go elk hunting last year on this website was the funniest schit I've ever seen posted on the internet, when I personally seen you were still signed in on here at around 8:30 PM the night before your opener ....that you had to drive across Colorado to be to the next morning. You see....you "supposedly" were driving back home all day Monday, and didn't post all day until late Monday night....so here's the catch....if it took you all day to drive back on Monday, then it sure is funny how you were in the field hunting on opening day, Saturday morning,.....when you were still signed onto this website Friday night at 8:30 PM...when "real" elk hunters are going to bed "AT" their hunting location, trail head, or already on the property they will hunt when they awake.

Also...you only hunted, "supposedly" for 2 days of the 5 day season...you started driving back on a Monday after only hunting for 2 days. I don't know "any" elk hunter that plans to go hunt for only 2 DAYS in a 5 day season...yet you "gave up" after hunting only 2 days.

You claimed you were hurt and couldn't hunt your bow season, and traded out tags to hunt first rifle season.

You "claimed" you walked 8 miles each day at 11K+ elev. through high snow, and didn't see anything or sign.

You had a whole month to re-plan your hunting strategy from the same area you bow hunt "supposedly".

Any "real" elk hunter knows snow pushes the elk down to feed in the lower areas...yet you went high, 11K+ elev.

Reading your posts are as funny as watching Johnny Carson growing up.

Thanks for the laughs.

P.S. I like how you posted in the BackPack forum, "work out thread" about only hunting 2 days, so you could "hide" your story from the elk hunters in the elk hunting forum....great laughs.

LOL, if you were half as smart as you think you are you'd be dangerous. I never knew you followed me so closely, should I be flattered? Apparently not closely enough though, you got just about everything you said about me wrong.

Of course, when you have zero response to the points I made in my previous post, personal attacks are all you have left, right?

First, as far as being signed in the night before the opener and then needing to drive across the state, that's outstanding work, Encyclopedia Brown. The only thing unaccounted for is the fact that it's not only possible but quite simple to log into this site on a cell phone, many of us do it all the time.. You were aware of that, right? Sorry, dumb question obviously you weren't aware of that. I was logged in the night before the opener, as I sat in my rented room in Rico Colorado. Look it up on a map. If you want to dispute that, let's make a sizable wager, I rented the room with a credit card so it'll be easy to prove. We can even ask Andrew (the owner of the Inn) what time I left in the morning if you'd like. Hint--it was before the breakfast service.

Second, I never had an archery tag or planned to go archery hunting, get your facts straight. You want to place a sizable wager on that, it's easy to prove also just let me know.

Third, as far as "claiming to be hurt," I didn't. What I "claimed" is what actually happened. I got a cut on my elbow that punctured the bursa and caused an infection that put me in the hospital getting IV antibiotics for three days. That was right before the muzzleloader season and when I was discharged I had to have a PIC line (google it) put in my arm so I could continue giving myself IV antibiotics for a total of four weeks. If you think that's "funny" you're a warped individual. No way I could go on the planned backpack hunt with a catherter in my arm and daily injections of antibiotics that required refrigeration. You want to dispute any of that, let me know, I have medical records out the wazoo. How much would you like to wager?

Last, as far as "quitting after 2 days," I quit for two reasons. First, the animals weren't in my favorite spots. I hunt the early seasons and the areas I like to hunt (and know) are all up near timberline. In those areas, first rifle seaosn is always a crapshoot, sometimes snow, many times not. But I hunt them anyway because where I hunt is more important to me than whether I get an animal. If getting an animal was more important to me, I'd pay someone to hunt on lower elevation private land like you do. Not saying there's anything wrong with that, it's just not a priority for me. And yes, last year there was lots of snow and very little fresh sign in my favorite spot. I did an 8 mile loop the first day, then decided to go somewhere else, down at lower elevation the second two days, Sunday and Monday morning. Couldn't really put in the miles to effectively check out the new area though, becuase of the two three-inch screws in my ankle that were causing a fair amount of pain on long walks. Which was the second reason I came home. I had to get those screws removed in December, which is not normally done or covered by insurance unless the screws are causing a problem, which they were. You want to dispute that, let me know.

Lodging receipts and medical records don't lie, unlike pathetic little dipshcits like you.

You'd make an excellent fictional writer. You lie as good as any liberal I've ever seen.

When I get time, I'll prove your posting is nothing but lies.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)