Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Rockymtnhigh
Is road hunting in Colorado and Arizona considered hunting because I know people that are from (grew up in both places) that have done it and had success on elk and deer....Shoot Ive shot an elk legally in Arizona right off a state highway. Just stepped off the highway a few feet according to the az game and fish regs and blasted it while it was standing on state land...Tagged it and bagged it....I didnt feel like I was Danielle Boone, Davey Crockett, or Jeremiah Johnson because I killed a dumb elk that chose to eat by the highway. How is it any different than blasting a whitetail under the feeder for you mountain men?
It ain't no different. Both are just killing. Killing and hunting are not the same thing. I thought we covered that already pages ago ? You really think baiting and blasting shyt out the window on the side of the highway makes us look like sportsmen to the non hunting {not anti hunting, just non hunting} public ? I sure don't.

I didn't blast it out the window. I did it legally according to the regs in AZ....I was off the road several yards from my truck on the same side of the highway the elk was on...my truck was already a good 50 to 75 yards from the main road where I parked it and I walked several yards further away from the highway from the truck before I shot. I didnt shoot across the highway or from my truck....I know several people in AZ and Colorado that have done the same. How does it make you any less of a sportsman if you are following the laws in your state?

Last edited by Rockymtnhigh; 03/11/19.