Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by Youper
Originally Posted by Rockymtnhigh

Lmbo! I would like to see you hunt the area I grew up around in Texas without bait....Briar fortresses and thick oak and mesquite tree stands for miles...Try walking through it without making noise or getting tangled up in the briars...It's dang near impossible...There is a reason in some areas that people hunt in stands over bait...You'd never get close to a whitetail or turkey in some of the places I've hunted in Texas trying to walk and stalk...It is nothing like sitting up high out west and scoping the side of a mountain or drainage below...

'splain me how that would be more difficult than hunting a norther cedar swamp without bait.

There's places in the lowland woods in the south where you just ain't gonna walk through, period. It's not at all like some of the wooded areas up north and other parts of the country, or western mountainous regions where you can walk where you will provided you can deal with topography.
We do have some big clearcuts up here that grow up into a nearly impenetrable maze of blackberry brambles and multifora rose after a few years that are very hard to get through. We usually hunt them by donning briar proof pants/jacket and putting on an organized drive. It is also possible to still hunt through them but it is very laborious and does require the carrying and occasional use of an anvil type pruner to cut yourself loose from the brambles. I've been so tangled up in multiflora thorns that I literally couldn't move and had to cut myself free.