As I posted earlier, I don't put out corn, because it's a waste of my money to do so here. There's just too much other food for the deer to eat, and I've never seen a benefit. If I lived somewhere else, I might think differently about it.

As far as other things go, we all have our likes and dislikes. I prefer hunting with a bolt action rifle, others like levers, pumps, or AR's.......and I've used all of those at one time or another. I used to bow hunt, and killed several deer with a bow, but don't hunt now because of shoulder problems. Personally, I think bow hunters lose a lot of the deer that they shoot, and don't admit to it. I also can't get real excited about hunting with a muzzleloader, as it's gone from the primitive kind of hunting that it once was, to using rifles that do not fit the muzzleloader/black powder definition IMO. I'll admit that I had more fun hunting with my open sighted Hawken style rifle, as I do my scoped black powder rifle that will shoot accurately out to 200 yards.

Also, it's the same way with deer stands. I built the first tree stand in my part of the country when I was a 15 year old kid. Nobody around here had heard of anyone nailing planks to a tree in order to sit in and wait for a deer to come by. I went from that to using the climbing stands, where if you let that climber slide off your feet, you were left hanging to that tree......and I know how it felt. I went from building ladder stands out of wood, so heavy it took a tractor to move it into location, to using the lightweight metal ones today. These days, I mostly hunt out of my elevated shooting house, totally enclosed, and have a propane heater to keep warm. I have froze my azz off enough, and don't have a desire to sit out in a tree, in the wet and cold......but I have, many, many times.

While I was once all about killing something, I've reached a stage in my life when it's more important to me for the grandkids to do the shooting, with me just along for the ride. That's just me, others may see it differently. But, I don't think you should knock another guy's method, as long as they're legal. Yes, some of it may be unethical, and sooner or later, it'll catch up with him, and he'll have to pay the price, it usually does. The best thing is to just do what you think is best for you, and don't worry about the other guy.