Originally Posted by Prewar70
I forgive you for being an Aggie, first off. I lean more left of center these days, thank you Trump. I think there are a lot of americans in the center, left and right of the middle. More than those extreme left and right. I was thinking about your points earlier. Alcohol kills a lot of people, and destroys a lot of lives. Tobacco still kills millions, so where do you draw the line? You have to be at least 21 to buy alcohol and tobacco. Maybe increasing the age of being able to own a firearm. YOu have to take a test to drive a car. Let's leave God out of it, He's not helping

You could forcibly ban all guns and do door-to-door confiscation and it wouldn't prevent any mass shootings. These heinous acts were not happening 60 years ago when kids were taking their new.22 to school for show-and-tell, or leaving their .20 gauge with the principal so they could shoot quail on the walk home after school. These crimes have nothing to do with guns! Blaming it on guns is just a lazy, low-resolution response intended to exculpate the real villain which is the culture we've created----no fathers in homes anymore, men entirely emasculated, the state acting as the new "father", boys growing up without a properly civilized man to show them what being a man actually means, moral relativism, cultural despair and on and on and on. We didn't have these crimes when we were watching Ozzy and Harriett on TV.

Tarquin