Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
And it was a parent who killed the murderer !

That's just not what happened. He didn't kill anyone.

He and other cops went into another building and evacuated students while the shooter was pinned down in another building.

I'm glad he took action.

But be aware of the thread here where they accused the cops of only saving his own kids...

Really and truly, everyone ought to take a step back and wait for the investigation to proceed with facts...

Here's a link to the same story that you don't have to sign up for... https://www.foxnews.com/us/uvalde-texas-shooting-cbp-agent-saves-uvalde-students-daughter
where it applies to long-term and a full response standloint, I agree. The investigation should proceed and appropriate action should be taken at multiple levels.

From both a personal and professional standpoint, right now, the only question i have is:
Did EVERY responding cop go directly to the threat (I'll make exceptions for units held outside under direction of the scene commander for perimeter, etc once sufficient entry was made) until it was confirmed that the threat(s) was terminated?
If the answer is 'no', than its excuses and bullshit.

I know this isn't 'my area ' of the Nation, but that shouldn't matter. If someone isn't willing to enter a building to stop the killing of innocents, they shouldn't pin on a badge.

If it is determined that I'm interpreting this response wrong, you'll be the first I apologize to. I just can't accept that any copper could live with themselves for standing by.
I really appreciate that we have good men with your level of common sense among our nations LEO's.
It's just sad to see so many cowards when the SHTF.

Originally Posted by CashisKing
Hey Rod... welcome to the fire.
April 2022.
You speak with great confidence and authority.
Thanks for your honesty...