Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by kwg020
I did not go back and read about 10 pages but I assume it was brought up. Where were this kids parents ? Did he have a good father figure in his life ? This is a huge issue that has been getting worse over the years.

kwg

There's a whole thread about father figures on here recently.

The goodness of those father figures varies to a large extent from a really OK dude to a really violent bastid.

Something besides a father figure in the home might have been a reason why those of us who had one shading toward the latter version in my previous sentence didn't take the readily available firearms to school or some other public venue to start slaughtering others.

The father figure in the home might be a part of the issue, but methinks there's something else going on too.

When folks say well if they had a father figure in their life, they turn out to be good kids. I shake my head how many are raised in a home with violent parent(s). Some kids will push through and go on to live a good decent life while other/majority will fail become addicts either drug or alcohol in most cases both. When treatment or alternative methods are mentioned to be taught in school like teaching kids to be resilient and overcome obstacles in a positive manner it’s met by ah that’s bull chit. Just spank them or back to the ol if they had a father figure to teach them to be a man blah blah. No mention from the crowd here about the kid in upstate New York and his family he had a mother and father still shot up a store. Or how about Ethan Crumbley parents In Michigan. We have a mental health crisis. Every state is critically short mental health providers.

Sometimes, even a bad example is better than no example.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.