This is something I wanted to post here before I forget it. I posted this on ARFCOM:
Social pressure and religion kept a lot of people in check. Since Roe v Wade the self imposed restrictions on taking away innocent life has melted away. For those who do not believe in heaven or hell there is no fear of the "next life". Throw in absentee fathers or addicted mothers, untreated mental health issues and violent video games you have what you see now. It was just a matter of time. I think all of this was intentional by the political left "because guns are evil and they must all go away".

I see something that could be voluntary and that would be gun makers self impose restrictions on kids under 21 by refusing to sell semi auto's to anyone under 21.

Just to throw one other variable into the mix. In 1982 we had a local paper boy kidnapped in the Des Moines metro. He was never seen again. 2 years to the month there was a 2nd paper boy kidnapped and he was never seen again. After the first kidnapping the morning paper boys were almost non existent. It took several months but eventually the paper boys returned. After the 2nd kidnapping the morning paper boys completely disappeared. Mostly retired adults took the job over.

The same issue with kids walking to school. After the first paper boy disappeared not many kids walked to school. Thier parents took them to school. After the 2nd paper boy disappeared, no kids walked to school. The parents insisted that their children be dropped off at the front door of the school house. That continues today. Very few kids walk to school almost 40 years later.

The risk of losing a child to a kidnapper was just too unbearable to stand and parents made sure the kids got into the school building and they would block traffic just to make sure their child got inside. Now we have the armed intruders. The parents are going to insist that something be done. Gun control is probably going to be one of them. Now would be the time for voluntary steps by gun companies to make sure the new owner is not an 18 year old and still has a connection to the local school district. I realize that would not have stopped the Buffalo shooter but this would be voluntary by the gun makers.

kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 05/25/22.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.