Originally Posted by kwg020
After 6 years as an SRO I have seen many a kid leave the building upset and pissed off. 99% of the time it was because he or she did not want to "do school" or at least make an effort to integrate into the school. Yes, we had bullies and [bleep] but most of the time the kids were mad at the staff or administrators forcing them to "do school" when they didn't want to "do school". Many left with trespass notice and a demand they had to call back and talk to a principal before they could come back into the building. ( I would gladly hook them up)

I'm sure this kid caught some hell especially if he was showing trans tendencies. The bottom line is this kid was mad at the school district for some reason and he took it out on some 4th graders. My philosophy was to get them gone as soon as they could legally drop out of school. The longer we kept them against their will the more pissed off they were. At the time the legal age to drop out was 16. Now it's 18. There is NO reason to keep a kid in the building that has a bad attitude and poisons the atmosphere for the rest of the kids.

For some reason this kids anger festered until he was dangerous. Only the people close to him should/could of seen this IF they knew what the signs were. Trying to fix a broken kid after he is 15 or 16 is rarely successful unless you are a dedicated parent or guardian and give it some undivided attention. The fix should of been in long before that. Where was his father ? What was mom doing that she didn't see he was having issues ? It sounds like grandma was trying to get some answers and he shot her for her efforts. The damage had been done and it was too late.

There is no doubt he was very unhappy about something. We probably will never know what that something was. He took it with him when he died. Something like that guy that shot up Las Vegas. There was never a motive identified. I'd say he took that with him when he committed suicide. Does it really matter at this stage of the game ? His heart was full of hate and there was no stopping him.

kwg

Back in the old days they dropped out and started an auto repair shop or went to prison.

If they didnt want to be in school they school didn't try to keep em.

Now kids push things to the max. My ol lady taught at a HS for a while. Too many kids and their parents are just trash.

But they gotta keep em in so long to get the gov money.
" Seat date ".

Public school hasnt been about education for a long time.

Last edited by hookeye; 05/25/22.