Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by greydog
I don't see the fortification of schools as being a good thing either. We will never know exactly what happened nor the order in which events unfolded so it is difficult to make a lot of sense of it.
It appears that law enforcement engaged with the shooter after he wrecked his pickup (no driver's licence BTW) and before he approached the school; yet, none of the law enforcement types thought to safeguard the school? Every door should have been blocked.
Many people seem to be supporting the idea of increased surveillance around public buildings and an increased security presence. To me, that is a little unpalatable as well.
Ultimately the divisiveness which is sown by the mainstream media and by politicians, on both sides of the aisle, has found fertile ground and American society is more divided than any time since the civil war. The news and entertainment media is doing it's best to keep racial tensions alive and, judging by the vitriol on the 24HCF, that is working well too. GD

When I was in High school we had an armory and a gun range, M14's that could easily be made ready to fire, Target rifles that were ready to fire. The ROTC Commandant carried a 1911. We had an office in the school the police kept open. Why was this school in Uvalde unprotected?

Schools should have limited controlled access at the start of the day and then restricted to one entry during the day and with the perimeter of the buildings being fenced.

The School Board and Members should be sued for not doing enough to protect the children with whom that state has entrusted them (for the most part against their will since - no vouchers to use at private schools). If you're going to have a SRO he should be armed and some of the teachers should be as well. Disarming all of us is not going stop any lunatics. Being able to shoot their ass will help to stop the spread of it. And start frying some of the bastards committing these crimes.

Last edited by Marley7x57; 05/25/22.