I am not starting this post so as to have a repeat of what has happened at other sites and I don't mean this as a flame. I am new to rifles, but not hunting (lived in IN where only shotguns are allowed for big game) and am curious as to how long range hunting is done. Now that I've posted my disclaimer I'll get to my question.
<br>
<br>I am curious as to your selection of bullets for long range hunting. Obviously you guys have had success using Matchkings, but was wondering why? I'm not gonna get into the, "they are not designed for hunting" debate because from your experiences they work. However, I find it hard to believe that they are the best there for this application. Money is not object when setting up the gun and I'm sure someone could custom make bullets that fly as well or better with even a better design for hunting. Looking at the Cabela's Shooting Catalog I noticed the Lost River bullets and they 'seem' better, but are they just more expensive. I'd appreciate any and all opinions.