Nice try, Boyd, but simply more smoke to cover you buddy. I don't blame you, that is what friends are for.
<br>
<br>I don't know if you can be unbiased, but the problem with this and other LR threads is that you guys, lead by Hummingbird, come across as somehow believeing that what you do is superior and are patronizing to those of us who disagree with you on philosophical grounds. You can bet on one thing, which is more that Hummingbird will do, and that is that if your idea of "sport" game sniping continues to spread, as you predict, then it will cause a backlash among hunters, much less the rest of the public, and that will lead to restrictions that will hurt us all.
<br>
<br>The funny part about it is, while I don't believe that LRH is fair chase, I support your right to do it, as long as it is legal. But when someone makes false statements, such as "legal is ethical, period" and then agrees to take a bet and suddenly decides he doesn't like the terms, I question his word. Maybe you should too. Regardless of how many animals he has sniped or how many benchrest shots he has shot.
<br>
<br>And finally, I read, time after time, where these are LR threads, and we should all bow to the knowledge of the participants. Well, let me clue you in, unlike the censored sight that LR hunters call home, 24hr has people that feel free to give an uncensored opinion, and if you can't live with that, tough. If you check my post, I have never disputed one claim that you or Hummingbird or any other LRH has made, I have only discussed ethical considerations or responded to statements that were made, such as the bet. You and others may not like that, but it is still a free country, last time I checked.
<br>
<br>And, I can guarantee you one thing, unlike Hummingbird, when I say I'll take a bet, it is took Something about I value my word. Instead, upon reflection, he wants all the best of it, after he decides that he didn't really mean what he said the first time or however many times it was, I was willing to chance that I might beat him head up, to use his phrasing, like a man. He isn't.

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq