Hello
<br>
<br>Sorry for the delay in responding, was at the Eye Doctor.
<br>
<br>First to answer your question a bit further concerning Match Kings.
<br>
<br>I'm not trying to tell YOU anything other then how well the MK works on game from actual field testing and kills for many years.
<br>
<br>As far as .5 MOA, please take that to 1000 yards and beyond and tell me that the Barnes , Nosler or any other bullet besides maybe the Jenkens, will be as accurate, retain the energy, and shoot as flat as the Sierra Match King in the SAME weight and Caliber. It WON"T happen as I have tried them.
<br>
<br>If you use something else and it works for you, by all means continue to do so. Don't ever switch if your happy with what you shoot and believe in. I'm only telling you or anyone on this LONGRANGE forum fact concerning our experiance with the MK.
<br>
<br>The bullet cost is not the factor at all either.
<br>
<br>500 or 600 yards is NOT a Longrange shot for us and the Sierra Match Kings have always provided us with extremely fast kills at ranges two and three times that far and further.
<br>
<br>If you or anyone have not tried them, you can't possibly know what they will do at yardages beyond 600 to 1600 yards for instance. Yes, with our equipment we can shoot that far VERY accuratly and that's exactly why we use the MK.
<br>
<br>We have tried the Barnes, Noslers, Speer and Hornady and found they didn't shoot as flat, were not as accurate and did not retain the energy that we saw when hits were made with the Sierra MK.
<br>
<br>Regardless if a company makes a statement as to their thoughts on the product and possibly didn't try them out themselves on live game, they too would not know how they react on animals.
<br>That would be like an automobile company stating their cars will go 120 Miles per hour but, THEY DON'T RECOMMEND you doing that.
<br>
<br>We have used the MKs, and we know what they do. The good folks at Sierra know what we do with their bullets as, I report to them every year after our longrange hunts. The reason I do that is to let them know that their MK bullets are VERY good LR killers.
<br>
<br>They simply don't want them being used by those who don't place their shots and are the 3 day a year hunter and don't have the correct equipment toi do what we do. I can't blame them for that.
<br>
<br>As I stated above, if you or anyone else don't want to try them, please don't. We are only stating how good they have been for "us" and we shoot VERY LONGRANGE with them, not just 500 or 600 yards.
<br>
<br>I said in the other post, I have used them in carry guns of the 270 and 280 calibers and they performed perfectly at close range too, you may have missed that.
<br>
<br>I don't know of ONE LR hunter in the Northern Counties of PA and those I know that hunt the western States every year that don't use MKs for hunting. I'm sure there might be some but, I don't know of any.
<br>
<br>Darryl
<br>