Wyowhisper:
<br>
<br>You are really funny, analyzing my handle as though it has some deep psychological significance for me. And, if it did, like you would know what that was. As far as psychology goes, you couldn't pour urine out of a boot with the directions on the heel.
<br>
<br>Truth is, a bunch of us were sitting around a campfire in Argentina after a very successful day dove shooting(not hunting, kill per person averaged over 1000) and we were having a few drinks(and maybe more) and I/we came up with the Spanish slogan "Si vuela, muere" which means, duh, "if it flies, it dies". We had it embroidered on a few hats and, when, I registered for 24hr. I noticed that most people had a hunting related handle. So it was a natural. If you don't like it, tough. I earned it helping the poor farmers of Argentina with their plague of doves for the last 15 years or so. BTW, before you get your panties all in a wad, there is no season, no limit, and doves are a declared(and major) agricultural pest in Argentina. Not to mention the parrot shoots.
<br>
<br>If you went back and read all my posts on LR sniping, you would see that initially I supported it, and upon personal reflection, decided that it was not fair chase and therefore not for me. And I will stand by that decision. I have never been critical of LRS for any of the red herrings that are raised. That is, bullet performance, wounded game possibilities or any of the other objections. These all apply to any distance of hunting. Mine are personal and ethical and are a direct result of the fact that LRS( Long Range Sniping) is shooting at game beyond its defensive boundaries. That is, the LRS could jump up and down, wave flags, fart, smoke Havana cigars, and do cart wheels and the game would pay it no attention whatsoever. Has absolutely nothing to do with someone, or actually at least a pair of someones, sitting behind benchrest style rifles and shooting at whatever ranges, whether it is good or bad shooting. Has everything to do with fair chase. I could go on, but either you understand or you don't and you obviously don't.
<br>
<br>I found it truly revealing that when I mentioned in passing that many hunters don't go hunting to kill something, that the killing is only to validate the experience, that most of the LRS participants and a few of the camp followers immediately jumped in saying that all they go for is to kill something. And every time they go out they figuratively stand in front of a mirror, and yell "KILL,KILL,KILL". Possibly if they are stuck in the kill rush of hunters formative years, but most hunters mature beyond that, some earlier and some later and come to understand that killing is actually the least important of the ingredients. To quote Gene Hills story, it is instead, "Being There".
<br>
<br>And, I don't expect you to understand that either.
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq