Thanks to all you guys for the info,some good points and counter points there.I think I'll probably buy a box this weekend and give em a shot(as much as I hate to put it that way) ASAP anyway and see how they look on paper. If I listened to all I'v been told about bullet do's and don'ts, I would'nt be shooting the BTs. Like both Don and I said you either love em or hate em and the haters seem to outnumber us 98% to 2% but that means more for us. I also would never have thought about using a polymer or nylon tipped bullet on elk but theres an article in the last Handloader where they're doing exactly that with the 7mm Sciroccos. I 'll definitely take a look at them anyway.
<br>
<br>Wyowhisper,know how you feel about the weather,thought the snow would about be melted this weekend and I could get up there and do some shooting and spotting,but drove home in near white out conditions tonite,AARRGGHH!
<br>
<br>Boyd, I'v actually had the 7RUM since last spring,its still new to me, I got the first one in the area, the 300s were selling like crazy and I spent weeks reading everything I could find on them and walked into the store cash in hand and the guy said "yeah we just got a few 7mms in". Back to the magazine rack! Was'nt much to read about that caliber but I think I made the right choice for my app.s. If you have'nt already,check out Gene Williams post "Report on the 7mm ultra mag" in Reloading ,Big Game Rifles. He was kind enough to Email me some advice on working up loads so when I get done testing I'll post the 26 in. bbl versus 29.5. Its a sweet shooting rifle,made the mistake of letting a buddy shoot it the first time out, just about had to wrestle him to get it back. Talk to you later, Jeff
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

Jeff

I'm NOT the JScottRupp of Wolfe Publishing.