How about this for a contest - Pick any type of target you want, of any size size you want, use the same target for both the short range and the long range shooters. I'll shoot offhand at 200 yards, you shoot benchrest at 1500 yards. I get to stand on level ground, and shoot at a target at approximately the same level, you have to shoot in the mountains you hunt Elk in, but get to choose the actual location. I'll shoot at an unprotected range here in CA.
<br>
<br>Pick a day, we both shoot on the same day, at 9:00 AM local time.
<br>
<br>12 minutes for 2 convertible sighters and 10 shots for record. Your second sighter may be fired once firing for record has begun. The sighter must be announced as such prior to the shot. We both get spotters.
<br>
<br>I'm sure that we can come up with local volunteer witnesses from the participants on this forum. I get to pick the witness to your shooting, you get to pick the witness to mine.
<br>
<br>I really can't afford to put $10000 in escrow,so how about $250 per shot for an escrow of $2500?
<br>
<br>Shots to be scored hit/miss. The shooter with the most hits is the winner, and gets $250 per shot for the difference in scores. If I win, I'll donate the proceeds to the NRA ILA.
<br>
<br>And don't read this as me saying that "you can't do it" at long range. All I'm saying is that on any given day, I feel I've got better odds hitting any particular target offhand at 200 than you do benchrest in the field at 1500. I'm willing to be proved wrong.
<br>
<br>Are any of you LRH'rs coming out to Sacramento for the 1000 yard BR nationals? If so, I might stop by and say hello.
<br>
<br>Scott