Hummingbird:
<br>
<br>Why don't we just review the posts as originally posted, not your very loose interpretation of them.
<br>
<br>As posted by Okanagan:
<br>
<br>"Just curious: how about this for a test? If we had one excellent marksman, a long range man, shoot the same rifle at two targets, one at say 1500 yards, the other at 100 yards. The targets could be the typical 8 or 10 inch plate to represent vitals, or we could make it more realistic and mark out a deer vital area on a life sized target and cover it with real deer hair. The shooter could have a spotter by his side with bigeyes and any other equipment. I would be willing to bet even money shot for shot, that he will hit the closer target and miss the farther one, if I could find a taker to bet he will hit the 1500 target and miss the 100 yard one. The more shots fired the better. The only catch is that the shooter has to be neutral and do his best to hit each shot."
<br>
<br>Your first response:
<br>
<br>"Hello
<br>
<br>With my spotter and a spotter round fired first (as we always do while hunting) in front or behind the animal, I would take that bet. I would also only take the shot with the absence of wind gusts just like when we are hunting.
<br>Something else to remember, The elk kill zone is closer to 24 " and the deer is 16"to 18" which contains the heart and lungs.
<br>The elk especially have a large heart and very large lung area.
<br>
<br>Darryl Cassel "
<br>
<br>My bet proposal:
<br>
<br>"I like that bet, I'll shoot an 8 inch plate at 100 yards and you and your spotter get the same target at 1500 yards. Shall we say a $1000 a shot, both hit, no pay, either miss and the other hits, pay on the spot in cash. Shoot until one side says "Uncle". "
<br>
<br>
<br>Now you said you would take the bet. and I said, I like that bet and I would shoot the short and you would shoot the long, so as to make it a real contest(bet).
<br>
<br>Am I ready for that? Anytime, anywhere. The only thing I changed from Okanagan's original proposal was using the same shooter. Somehow I don't trust your objectivity.
<br>
<br>You can HUMM all you want to but those are the facts as is quite clear by the above quoted posts.
<br>
<br>I'll tell you what, if you can prove what I have written above wrong I will donate $1000 to the charity, gun club, or organization of your choice, but if you post a response disputing this post and can't prove me wrong, then you have to donate $100 to the charity, gun club, or organization of my choice.
<br>
<br>Or, better yet, we can do the bet and I will donate all my winnings to the N'RA. In other words, HUMMINGBIRD, you can dissemble all you want to but the above quoted posts are the FACTS. Which is something some of you long range snipers seem to have trouble keeping track of.
<br>

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq